- 4 pounds Roma Tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thin (vidalia, peru, maya..)
- 6 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 whole basil leaves
- 12-15 (4 inches) oregano leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 cups Vegetable Better Than Bouillon, prepared into broth
- 4 cups Heavy Cream, cold
- 2 Tablespoons ArrowRoot Powder
Cut Tomatoes, in half, length-wise, and lay on baking sheet, cut-side down. Top with items 2-5. Drizzle on items 6-7.
Roast 375 degrees, for 45 minutes.
Let cool, slightly, so you can peel the tomato skins off (they will be loose.)
Puree everything on the tray, in blender, magic bullet, or with immersion stick blender. (I, prefer, to strain the soup, when I use the magic bullet.)
Pour into pan. Add broth and stir, to combine.
Zip (Blender or Magic Bullet) arrowroot powder into Cold Cream, for a few seconds.
Pour into soup. Stir while heating. Serve with Mexican Sunset Bread Machine Bread:
Machine settings: 1.5 pound. medium crust, loaf
I used unbleached all-purpose flour and 3 teaspoons Vital Wheat Gluten, in place of the bread flour. I, also, used HM Taco Seasoning.
This bread is fantastic!