Soak 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats in 2 cups whole milk buttermilk overnight (or up to 3 days.)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Mix together and cut in 2 Tablespoons room temperature butter.
- The oat/buttermilk mixture
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar (you can use honey)
Mix wet ingredients together and fold into flour mixture.
Cook on hot griddle (electric stove, just above medium) to brown on both sides.
Can be flash frozen, stored in a plastic zipper bag, and reheated in the microwave.